What do you do if you have leftover roasted chicken? Usually chicken sandwiches come to mind, but what about something more simply creative? These chicken sliders are ridiculously easy to make and it’s going to give an illusion as if you’ve worked hours on it. Okay, maybe not THAT long, but anyhow, it’s presentation and flavour pleaser. If you’re new to the site, check out the previous recipe posted [or click here.]
- Leftover chicken (roughly shredded)
- Mini burger buns (or bread rolls, halved)
- Berry jam (tart versions is best)
- 2 tbsp butter
- If you’ve kept the cooked leftover marinade, pour that into a pot along with the shredded chicken. Cook over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a flat pan, or better, if you have a cast iron skillet, over medium heat. Melt the butter and spread it over the pan, place the buns white side down. Flip when toasty and lightly browned.
- Fill the buns with the chicken and top it off with some jam.
- Garnish and serve.
Freakin’ simple right? Enjoy.